Golden Visa

Non-EU citizens can only stay in the country for a maximum of 90 days PER 180-day period. For those wishing to stay longer or even permanently, a residence permit is required. A relatively simple way of acquiring such residency for those wishing to purchase property in Spain dates back to 2013, when the Golden Visa or Investor’s visa came into force.

This visa entitles you to reside and work in Spain and to travel in Europe (90 days out of 180 days) among other interesting advantages.

The Golden Visa allows non-EU foreigners (those who are not nationals of a country of the European Union, European Economic Area or Switzerland) to reside and work in Spain by proving they have made a significant capital investment in the country and that they meet the other requirements set out in the Spanish legal system.

In order to apply for it, you can choose one of the following ways:

The requirements are the following:

The Golden Visa can be applied for relatives of investors. The spouse and children under 18 years of age, or children of full age who are objectively unable to provide for their own needs due to economic reasons (studies) or due to their state of health, may apply, jointly and simultaneously or successively, for a visa as family members. In order to do so, they only have to prove that they fulfil the conditions laid down in the previous paragraph.

This way of obtaining residence in Spain is proving to be very successful, because it offers many advantages when compared to other residence permits:

For further information please do not hesitate to contact the Non-Resident Department of Despacho Lamas. Contact information C/ Sindicat, 69,10° – 07002 Palma de Mallorca Tel: +34 971 720 202 Fax: +34 971 728427


More posts